Sons Of Italy meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm in the Parish Community Center
For more information click HERE
Sons Of Italy In America St. Augustine Lodge #2780 Scholarship 2018:
Initial Qualifying Factor: Scholarship may be provided for any St. Johns County high school student with a demonstrable Italian-American heritage (of any proportion) and will be judged utilizing the following general criteria. Applicants must currently reside in St. Johns County and plan to be in a program of study in the fall of 2018 at an accredited institution of higher education. This includes a four-year college or university, a two- year community college, or a vocational/technical school.
- Additional Criteria:
- Candidates will be judged based on academic achievement (minimum 3.0 in high school).
- The recipient must be currently enrolled full-time in St. Johns County.
- Partial preference for this scholarship is provided to students whose parents do not have a baccalaureate degree.
- Applicants must be of good character and have contributed to community, church, school, or home/family in some active demonstrated way.
- This scholarship criterion has a need-based, partial preference component for a degree-seeking, St. Johns County Florida resident. Applicants with demonstrated financial need (expected family income based on FAFSA) will also be given some consideration.
- High school undergraduate students who demonstrate substantial financial need, and are accepted in post-secondary educational institutions and whose parents have not earned a baccalaureate or higher degree, should clearly so state.
- If there are no qualifying St. Johns County students applying, the scholarship may be awarded to an out of St Johns County, Florida student.
- Complete the scholarship-application.
- Enclose an official high school transcript.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from your high school counselor and/or teachers.
- Provide news clippings or other evidence of your activities and participation in community support.
- In order to be eligible for the current year, all applications and supporting documents must be submitted to:
Scholarship Committee Sons of Italy Lodge #2780
276 San Nicolas Way
St. Augustine, FL 32080-7711